Guidelines for Good Quality Packaging
Send Express is committed to delivering your parcels with speed and care. However, during the transit process parcels may be handled several times. It is therefore important that all items are adequately packed. Below are some tips that will help you make sure your package arrives at its destination in the best possible condition and on time.
Useful Packaging Tips*
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact.
- Choose the size of the box according to its content. Under-filled boxes are likely to collapse, overloaded ones may burst.
- Always use high quality materials for your package. Consider strength, cushioning, and durability.
- Choose boxes made of corrugated cardboard, with good quality outer liners.
- Wrap all items separately.
- Put goods in the centre of a package ensuring they don't touch the sides. Your item should be well cushioned on all sides.
- Make use of cushioning materials, especially to stop your packages contents from moving.
- Use strapping, when suitable, as a good way to seal and secure your box.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping if strapping is not available.
- When re-using a box remove all old labels including any old hazardous materials indicators.
- Ensure liquids are stored in leak-free containers, packed with a lightweight, strong, internal material (for example, Styrofoam) and sealed With a plastic bag. Always remember that bad packaging may cause damage to other items.
- Place powders in strong plastic bags, securely sealed and then packed in a rigid box.
- Use "arrow-up" labels for non-solid materials.
- Repack your items properly. Many goods are sold in the original manufacturers packaging which may not be suitable for carriage.
- The minimum size for handling by Send Express is the equivalent of A4 size envelope.
- Protect your data discs, audio and videotapes with soft cushioning material around each item.
- Complete the address label clearly and completely, using capital letters when handwriting labels to improve readability.
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package.
- Do not use bags made of fabric or cloth.
- Do not use sellotape to seal your parcel.
- Do not consider "Fragile" and "Handle with care" labels as a substitute for careful packaging. They are only appropriate for information purposes.
* Please note that Send Express will accept no liability for the packaging advice that it provides. In accordance with terms & conditions the customer remains responsible for ensuring packaging and labelling is adequate for transportation.
Save time, save money and all with just a few clicks!